Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Gift Guide: For a Gal Pal

Gift Guide: For A Gal Pal 
This time of year, gift guides are as easy to find as a Starbucks in a big city. (The St. John's Town Center in Jacksonville alone has four of them!) I decided to give my gift guides a fresh spin by creating a series of them based on gifts that I have given or received. Naturally I decided to start with myself. From left to right: 

1. OPI nail polish: My former roomies turned me into an OPI snob, it's pretty much the only brand I will wear, but I love getting these little bottles as gifts. This time of year, glitter is good, so go for something that is over-the-top sparkly! 

2. Real Simple Magazine: Jessica got me a subscription to this magazine for my most recent birthday, and I love it! It's a well-rounded blend of fashion, food and life lessons, and an easy enough read that I can get through it cover-to-cover in a few sittings. With my hectic schedule, anything that has the word "simple" in its name is probably right up my alley.






3. Owl mug from Urban Outfitters: I love owls, and I love coffee and tea. This one was a (cute) no-brainer!

4. Magnetic to-do list: My non-best-friend Scotti, a fellow Virgo and organizational freak, sent me one of these magnetic to-do lists for my birthday. I have it stuck to the file cabinet next to my desk at work, and use it every week to keep track of the tasks I need to get done. I need to find another one of these once this one is all used up!

5. Betsey Johnson earrings: Another one from Scotti, Betsey Johnson accessories are good for just about any gal pal in your life. You can find her stuff on sale all the time at stores like Dillards, Marshalls and TJ Maxx, and her jewelry is so much fun that receiving it in itself is exciting!

6. Bath and Body Works body wash: I think every girl has received Bath and Body or Victoria's Secret beauty products as a gift at least once, and I doubt many of them were upset when they received them. We use lotions and body washes every day, and a lot of the time we don't want to splurge on the fancier stuff, so these products are almost always a hit. Right now I'm using Bath and Body Works Into the Wild and it's a daily treat to lather up!

Watch for more gift guides leading up to Christmas, I'm thinking the number one man in my life (my dad!) might be next up ...

xo, Kellie

More 2011 Gift Guides:
For a Dad
For a Sailor

No comments:

Post a Comment