Monday, October 31, 2011

All-Hallows-Even

bandana and belt - borrowed from Matt / Mossimo tank - Target (buy)
cropped Jacket - Forever 21 (buy similar) / jeans - Gap (buy) / heels - DSW (buy similar)

For several years now my Halloween tradition has been to head downtown to the Pearl (a.k.a. my home-away-from-home) for their annual costume party. There was one tragic year that I showed up sans costume, but every year other than that I've gotten dressed up and braved the crowd. My costume this year was my favorite yet for two reasons: One, it was the first costume I've worn since 2006 that I didn't just go to a Halloween store and buy, and two, the only thing I actually purchased for my costume was lipstick, making its cost a mere $6!

My inspiration was a combination of a '50s pinup and Sandy at the end of Grease, when anyone asked who or what I was supposed to be I told them I was a greaser. Matt loved the costume and said he wouldn't be mad if I dressed this way more often, and I got a lot of Rosie the Riveter references throughout the night. All in all, I'd say my costume was a success, but our hangovers the next day are another story.

Happy Halloween!

xo, Kellie

No comments:

Post a Comment