Friday, July 1, 2011

I am the sunscreen queen.

Note to beauty product companies: When faced with two nearly identical items, I will almost always buy the one that's got sun protection in it, even if it is more expensive.

One of the habits I am most proud of -- but that I wish I had formed at an earlier age -- is my affinity for sunscreen. The first thing I put on every morning is my Coppertone Faces Sunscreen. Before I do anything outside, whether it's hanging out on the beach, riding my bike or rollerblading, I slather on the SPF. And I'm big on lip protection too. I stopped off at Target yesterday to pick up some Soft Lips lip balm because I was running low, and I stumbled upon Vitamin Water's product, Vitamin Schtick. It smells delicious, is a fun product, and it's SPF 20. Win, win, win.


Also among my favorite products are Jergen's Natural Glow moisturizer (fake, but don't bake!) and my Smith Optics polarized Serpico sunglasses -- eye protection is way important, too!

I drive my friends and sisters crazy preaching about sun protection, but I don't care. I'm all for preventing skin cancer and keeping my skin as youthful as possible. So while you're out enjoying your Independence Day weekend, don't forget to wear protection!

xo, Kellie

1 comment:

  1. Like button! I'd also like to add, sunscreen on the hands is another biggie. When driving, they get a lot of rays up on the steering wheel.

    ReplyDelete