Thursday, June 16, 2011

Temptation Thursday

I met Jess at the St. John's Town Center after work today to do some window shopping. I'm proud to report that despite finding a super-cute skirt at Anthropologie -- and trying it on and loving it -- I did not purchase any clothing! (The underwear I got at Victoria's Secret do not count. Hooray for the Semi-Annual Sale!) I did, however, take advantage of the huge mirror and flattering light in Anthro's dressing room to snap today's photo! 

I decided today that since I don't plan to buy any clothes during the 30 for 15 remix, it would be a good time to gather home goods for my new apartment.


My skirt today came from Marshalls. I grabbed it off the rack as soon as I saw it in the store, tried it on, loved it, but still put it back on the rack because I just wasn't sure about it. I wasn't sure if it was too fitted, too contoured, or just too much for work. I kept thinking about the skirt after I left the store, so I went back for it the next day. I tucked my ruffled blue Private Gallery tank into said skirt, and topped it all off with my Maurices cardigan and Forever 21 statement necklace.

In the spirit of filling my shopping void with home goods purchases, I stopped by World Market on my way home with my $10 off a $30 purchase coupon. (If you've got a World Market in your area, join their free rewards program! It's free and they send out great coupons all the time!) I picked up a colander (exciting!), some yummy-smelling hand soap, and best of all, this beauty:


I've been obsessed with finding a jewelry stand recently, and I'm glad I passed up the one I saw at Marshalls the other day!

 I've been confused all week about what day it is, every single day I've thought that it was a day later than it actually was. Thank goodness tomorrow is finally really Friday!

Happy almost Friday!
xo, Kellie

6 comments:

  1. so THAT'S what you were doing in there! I thought you were stealing the light bulbs :) -Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing the 30 for 30 too and I'm glad Vicky's doesn't count, because I would have cheated by now too! Happy remixing!

    Hilary
    theyoungandthenaive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed! Semi-Annual is only twice a year, I'd never pass that up! -K

    ReplyDelete
  4. guess who's going to marshalls today? :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes!! I think the associates at our Marshalls might know me by now, I'm in there at least once a week! -K

    ReplyDelete