Monday, June 27, 2011

30 for 30 Halftime: What I've Learned So Far

I'm fifteen outfits in to the 30 for 30 Remix Challenge (the point at which I originally planned to stop since Jess and I were going to split the challenge) and I figured that since it's my day off and my wardrobe today has consisted of shorts, a v-neck and no makeup, I would share what I've learned so far.

Lesson #1: My wardrobe needs diversifying. I own a lot darker colors (dark blue, black, deep green, gray, etc.) and am seriously lacking in bright shades. On my post-remix shopping list is a red cardigan, a lime green top and a pink or coral blazer. Any leads would be appreciated! 

Zara blazer - WANT!!

Lesson #2: I need more practice in building outfits. Most of my outfits consist of a bottom (skirt or pants), a tank and a cardigan. But thanks to my fellow bloggers I'm slowly getting ideas on fresh ways to create outfits.

Lesson #3: There are some awesomely inspirational ladies in the fashion-blogging world. Some of my favorites so far:

Little Tin Soldier (Her sketches of her outfits are SO CUTE!)

A Pretty Penny (A fellow Floridian, I'm thinking of paying her a visit to take that Dooney & Bourke satchel off her hands!)

Snappy Casual (Her outfits are cute and her posts are witty!)

I'll be back tomorrow with number 16!
xo, Kellie

1 comment:

  1. I already know that I definitely don't have enough summer bottoms. More shorts, please! I love when you wear brights, glad you put that out there.

    ReplyDelete