Tuesday, August 14, 2012

EBEW: Monochromatic {21 of 30}

necklace - borrowed from a friend and never given back
Merona belt - Target
top - Maurices
skirt - Marshalls
Merona wedges - Target

I know I took the easy route by wearing all black for a monochromatic style challenge, but I was determined to wear items from my remix. And there was an attempt to wear a monochromatic outfit with other items in my remix, red and nude stripes were paired with red jeans, a chambray shirt was paired with blue ankle pants, and then darker chambray pants ... It was all a disaster. This was the least disaster-like outfit I could bring you.

If anyone asks I'll just tell them I'm mourning the end of my vacation.

xo, Kellie


Monochromatic | Everybody, Everywear

6 comments:

  1. I did the same thing and paired black and black! :) I felt un-creative, but I think the look is really classic! I love that belt with your outfit...I think I'm quickly becoming obsessed with leopard print!

    Jess - J's Style
    fancypants514.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I didn't make a conscious effort to start buying leopard when it became popular last fall, but every time I see it I'm just drawn to it! I even have it in unnatural colors like purple and gray!

      Delete
  2. You are the first person I have seen wearing all black. I love this look, especially paired with the leopard belt! Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather! That belt is one of the best accessories I own, it's great for sprucing up some of my more boring outfits!

      Delete
  3. I'm so impressed that you did this challenge with outfits from your remix. That's awesome! Love the addition of the necklace and belt. Popping over from EBEW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the all black is so chic! And the leopard belt looks great! :)

    -Mary @ stylethatmoves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete