Monday, February 6, 2012

What A Difference...

Jacket, Dress- Target; Flats- Steve Madden; Necklace- Gifted; Watch-Gifted; Earrings-Loft

... a jacket can make! This I discovered this morning as I dressed for my first day at my new school.* I wanted to wear one of my new blazers that I acquired over this weekend, but the outfit did not look as good in real life as it did in my head. So I grabbed my leather jacket, rolled up the sleeves, and found that I loved the look!

It's not an outfit I would normally wear, and I felt a little like Michelle Pfeiffer in Dangerous Minds. I also got a lot of positive affirmations all day, as eight-grade girls complimented me on this and that. It's nice to get your style validation from a 14-year-old sometimes. :)

Stay gangster, y'all. 
-Jessica


*I'm attending college to be a middle school science teacher. This semester has me interning part-time in various schools, teaching lessons and observing good teacher practices. Hence the awesome teacher duds!

No comments:

Post a Comment