Saturday, January 21, 2012

2012 Style Goal: Love What I Wear

(Photo from Arizona Foothills Magazine)

Thanks to (so far) successfully sticking to this 2012 style goal, I'm just now getting around to posting my fourth and final style goal for the year.

In my mind, this is the most important of them all. Love what I wear. It sounds simple, but have you ever put something on that you just weren't crazy about, and for some strange reason you still wear it anyway? As if there were absolutely no other clothing in your closet? This is a habit that I've been in since college -- I distinctly remember hating an outfit so much one day during my senior year that I skipped a class to go home and change -- and I can't even begin to come up with an explanation for why I do it. Walking out the door in an outfit I don't feel great in only sets me up to be miserable and self-conscious the entire day, and if I'm too busy worrying about how I look I won't get anything productive done.

I think this goal goes hand in hand with my goal of planning ahead. If I take the time to photograph outfits ahead of time and look at the photos, there is less chance of me leaving the house in something I hate. And in the process of making sure I only wear what I love, I'm going to start purging my closet of pieces that are holding me down so that I can make room for better things!

xo, Kellie

More 2012 Style Goals:

No comments:

Post a Comment