Monday, November 7, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up


1. I got a new camera -- one that can be used with a remote! -- that I am in the process of learning how to use. Coming soon: Photos that aren't taken in a mirror! Oh, happy day!

2. When I saw that ponchos were going to be a trend this fall, I was not enthused. Then I went to TJ Maxx on Saturday and saw this lovely hanging on a rack, tried it on and fell in love.

3. After my shopping trip I went in to work for a few hours to help my staff prepare for a homecoming and an eighth grade social -- 400 kids in the building in one night! -- and one of the kitchen staffers and I managed to put the chocolate fountain together upside down and didn't realize it until after we had put the chocolate in. I geared up with gloves and an apron to right our wrong and managed to do it all without getting chocolate on my clothes!

4. We headed over to Orlando on Sunday to catch Bayside and I Am the Avalanche at the House of Blues in downtown Disney. I have been praying to the rock gods for years now to bring these two bands together on the same bill here in Florida, and they finally heard me!

5. I haven't seen I Am the Avalanche since 2007. They dealt with some pretty crappy situations with their record label that prevented them from recording or releasing an album until this year. I'm fuzzy on the details, but they're back now with a vengeance and a victorious-sounding record.

6. Halfway into Bayside's set my friend Erika and I attempted to get down in the pit with all of the other 15-year-olds to get closer to the stage. After two songs I had enough of being jostled around and retreated to our original spot behind the sound booth where I could drink my beer and scream along to the lyrics in peace.

7. Bayside's lead singer, Anthony, broke out the acoustic guitar for one song, "Don't Call Me Peanut." It's a fan-favorite, and probably the ultimate anti-love song. I leave you with it.

xo, Kellie



No comments:

Post a Comment