Friday, May 20, 2011

Not-so-casual Friday


Unlike some offices where the day of the week dictates the work wardrobe, my wardrobe is dictated by what's going on each day. Today we had a served lunch for about 250 people, so it wasn't a day to go casual. I found this skirt at Ross, it was hanging on one of the display racks in the aisle, just calling my name. The blouse and the belt are from Maurices, and the shoes are from Target. I go through dress shoes pretty quickly with my job, so Target is a great place to get cute shoes at a good price.

  
Today was also pay day, which for me means shopping day! I met Jessica and her mom at the St. John's Town Center and picked up a coral ruffle tank at Private Gallery, then I headed over to the Avenues Mall where I picked up a layered necklace, a belted batwing blouse and a light gray pencil skirt at Windsor. I also stopped at New York and Company to look for work clothes, and found a couple of v-neck blouses that would have been good for both work and play, and a cute purple belt, but I ended up putting my selections back on the rack because it was taking way too long to check out. The only associate I encountered the entire time I was in the store was the fitting room attendant, and she wasn't exactly polite. I wasn't greeted at any point that I was in the store, and none of the associates even seemed to care that I was there shopping, so I decided not to spend my money. 

Thanks for giving me time to rethink a $60 purchase, NY&C!

xo, Kellie

No comments:

Post a Comment