Sunday, May 22, 2011

Never Quit Beach Fest

I participated in my first 5K ever on Saturday in Jacksonville Beach. The Never Quit Beach Festival, now in its third year, is an all-day fitness experience.

 

Participants in all of the events received a sea turtle necklace, appraised at $250. Even better, our prizes were awarded to us by Navy officers in their dress whites! I made sure to get a picture to send to my boyfriend who's on deployment, nothing like a little incentive for him to get that promotion, right? My friend Sam and I bought matching outfits to wear during the race, our blue Jockey tank tops and pink and blue Under Amror compression capris came from Marshalls, and my black mesh running shorts were just $8 at Academy Sports! My pink and gray Nike Lunarflys -- which I adore -- were also from Academy.


I'm still incredibly out of shape -- it took me almost twice as long to finish as it did for Sam to reach the finish line -- but this is just the first of many races for me! 

Stay fit!
xo, Kellie

1 comment:

  1. And literally moments after I posted this entry, I got word from my boyfriend that he's been promoted to Petty Officer Third Class! Guess he didn't need that incentive after all!

    ReplyDelete