Thursday, August 2, 2012

DIY: Wine Corks Board


Since I am much better at being crafty than I am at wearing clothes, I thought it was about time I introduced DIY projects to Elephants and Owls! First up is a wine cork-board project that I started almost a year ago. This project is a great way to add a unique accent to your home and upcycle corks that would have otherwise been thrown away!


Supplies needed: 
- Hot glue gun
- Wine corks (real, not synthetic)
- Knife (or an Exacto knife)
- Picture frame with the glass removed (not pictured)
- Cutting board (not pictured)


Start by cutting all of your corks in half, longways. If you have some jagged bits along the cut edge of your cork, you can just carefully shave them off to flatten the edge.


Once you have cut all of your corks, line them up in your picture frame. If you have some spots that won't fit an entire cork, trim them down to fit. My board ended up having an entire row of corks that had been trimmed down. Once you have your corks lined up the way you want them, hot glue them into place and let everything dry overnight.


Once your glue has dried, hang your board and enjoy! I have a smaller one hanging in the kitchen for recipes that I want to try, and I just hung the big one in my office to post jewelry inspiration. The hardest thing about this project was probably drinking enough wine to get all of the corks I needed!

xo, Kellie

No comments:

Post a Comment