Friday, December 2, 2011

Business as Usual

bib necklace - thrifted (buy)
belt - came with a dress / cowl neck sweater - Maurices (buy similar)
pencil skirt - Marshalls (buy similar) / Mossimo wedges - Target (buy)

Slowly but surely I am managing to get into a routine with Elwood that gives me enough time to walk him a few times, feed him (which is a project with his condition), get ready for work and manage to take outfit photos. The trick is to attend to him first: I take him out a couple of times to go to the bathroom, play with him for a bit until he tires, then sit with him until he falls asleep. As I type he is curled up next to me, out cold.

The bib necklace in this outfit is the second of the two that I thrifted in Indiana. The rush of digging through so much interesting stuff (and some not-so-interesting stuff) and finding great pieces buried in the midst of it all has inspired me to make my shop more than just handmade jewelry, so now Kellie Creates is also Kellie Collects!

Elwood update: We took Elwood to the vet on Wednesday and brought the x-rays from our emergency room visit the night before. This vet's attitude was a lot less pessimistic than the ER vet's was, he didn't tell me my dog would probably die by the time he was two years old, but he did say that with Elwood's condition, he will get pneumonia, we just need to keep an eye out for symptoms. We are waiting for a board-certified radiologist to have a look at Elwood's x-rays to let us know whether his condition can be fixed with surgery, but his vet said it doesn't appear to be caused by anything that is surgically treatable. For now we are working on staying positive and learning everything we can about Megaesophagus!

xo, Kellie

No comments:

Post a Comment