Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Long Weekend Wrap-Up

Matt took a week of leave from work so I decided to take a couple of days of vacation so that we could have a long weekend together.

gray tank - Urban Outfitters / red tank - Urban Outfitters / Bullhead boyfriend shorts - PacSun (buy similar)
clover necklace - JC Penny / Tarina Tarantino necklace - It's Eclectic (buy similar)
Asian bangle - World Market (buy similar) / O'Neil flip flops - Aqua East Surf Shop (buy similar)

Saturday was pretty low-key, while he went out riding with some friends I hung out in the apartment with the cable guy. The poor guy had issues getting our internet set up and ended up taking a little over two hours to get the job done. I was a little peeved with Matt when he finally got home, so I headed out to run a couple errands. I originally had planned just to go to Best Buy and Michael's, but on the way I made a stop at Burlington Coat Factory where I picked up a Steve Madden satchel.


black slouchy tee - Forever 21 (buy similar) / cream tank - Charlotte Russe (buy similar)
denim skinny pants - Forever 21 (buy similar) / Blowfish boots - Shoe Carnival / owl locket - Etsy via my friend Amna
Tarina Tarantino necklace - It's Eclectic / woven beaded bracelet - bead show

Matt talked me into going on a motorcycle ride with him to St. Augustine on Sunday, and I was inspired my the back-to-back episodes of Sons of Anarchy we've been watching recently, so I decided to dress the part. Let me tell you, those biker ladies that wear their hair in a braid with the leather over it aren't doing it just to make a statement. I wore my hair in a braid on the way to St. Augustine, and aside from slight helmet hair I didn't look too unkempt. On the way home I just had my hair tied back in a pony, and even after washing and conditioning my hair twice, it took me a good half hour and many pained expressions from Matt to untangle my locks.

 
Mossimo cardigan - Target (buy) / Kirra tank - PacSun (buy similar) / Bullhead shorts - PacSun
owl locket - Etsy via my friend Amna / Tarina Tarantino necklace - It's Eclectic / O'Neil flip flops - PacSun
Asian bangle - World Market / marbleized beaded macrame bracelet - handmade (buy)



We ran a couple of errands on Monday including a trip to Plato's Closet ($15, woo-hoo!), Hobby Lobby and the post office to ship a purchase from my shop to Australia. Hooray for my first international customer! After dinner I taught Matt how to Make me a daiquiri so that he can be my cocktail boy from now on.

Tuesday was the epitome of a bum day for me. The weather was too dreary for the beach, so I sat inside and watched a few episodes of Angel on Netflix and made some more necklaces for the shop.

I'm sad to go back to work tomorrow while Matt gets to sit at home for a few more days, but at least I'm starting my work week half way through. And I already have my outfits for the next three days picked out!

xo, Kellie

No comments:

Post a Comment